If you search on the internet about the programming languages you will find a long list. Visual Basic, Visual C#, Visual Basic for Application, Java Script, SQL, C++ and PHP are some languages that will be a part of that list.
Each of the programming language may be different from other regarding the way they communicate with the computer. A programmer can use any language and do pretty much the same as he would with the other one. At the beginning programming might not be a piece of cake but time and practice would make the things better and a lot easier.
However there are certain things that anyone, who wants or tries to become a programmer, must always keep in mind:
- Take your time when deciding which programming language you want to learn. Once you have learned a language then it is easier to learn the other because all programming languages are similar in one way or the other.
- Get a book. Anyone who does not like to read can never be a good programmer because there are many things that one needs to know while programming and it is almost next to impossible to learn everything and recall at the exact moment you need it.
Things that a programmer must keep in mind
- Make a flow chart of the program before you start writing the code. This will help you to stay on track and keep on reminding you what is the purpose of the program or what you want that program to do.
- Comment your code, this will stop you from getting confused and make the code easier to understand. If you wish to make any changes after writing the code you don’t have to read the entire code to find the line you need to change.
- Name the variables descriptively; this again would make your code easier to understand.
- Indent your code. Code indentation will stop your brain exploding out of confusion.
- Structure your program using classes and functions. This would not only make your code easier to understand but would speed it up as well. If you wish to use it in future as a part of another code this would be possible as well.
- Feel free to use the internet for your queries rather than asking others as internet would mostly be quicker than people.
Tips for hiring a programmer
- Make sure the programmer has accomplished similar work before.
- Make sure the programmer or the developer has comprehensive knowledge of what you want.
- Be wary of hourly rate, sometimes a team of programmers with higher rate is better than a single programmer with a cheaper rate.
- Never pay a freelancer by giving him/her your credit card number. Always deposit the amount to an account.
- Make sure you can depend on programmer for the ongoing support.
Author’s bio: Brendan Egan is very fond of writing on finance related topics so is good at solving problems regarding finance moreover he is interested on writing productivity, credit card and money saving techniques.
Leave a Reply