URL shortening services became popular nowadays specially in the social networking site – Twitter – where there’s a character limit for every tweets. And I found one URL shortener on the internet that will make your URL really short – GG.GG. And for everyone, here’s my review of this awesome URL shortening service.
Why I Love Using A URL Shortener?
- It allows me to memorize the URLs I want to focus for promotion. Yeah, my memory is not that good on memorizing long URLs so I really love using a URL Shortener.
- Sometimes, I want to hide my referral link so I used to hide the real URL through using this kind of service.
What I Like On GG.GG As A URL Shortener?
- I can make a long URL Short even without signing in. There’s a link for registration but if you don’t want to sign up, you can still use the service.
- I can make the URL personalized. As what I have mentioned, my memory is not that good enough so making personalized URL make it easier for me to memorize. It’s really beneficial.
- I can track how many users clicked the shortened URL. If you want to use this tracking service, of course, you must be a registered user and signed in before you can use this one.
Oops! There’s a plus! For Chrome users, you can use URL shortener chrome plugin for more ease of use. I believe that there’s also plugin for Opera. I hope that a plugin for Firefox is next for development.
And to give you a sample:
I shortened this URL http://noobite.com/programming/how-to-improve-your-programming-skills/ using GG.GG and here’s the result:
For not customized: http://gg.gg/3ig
For customized: http://gg.gg/ImproveProgramming
Now, count the number of characters and believe that it might be the shortest. 🙂