Yes, I am just fooling you! No! Just kidding!
I know some of you are thinking of those things that I have mentioned above. But, what I am going to blog for now is all based on my observation and experience (as if I have a lot).
Just a FYI, I have worked as a programming instructor before and I am now working as a programmer/ engineer in a telecom company for six months as of now. I know that experience wasn’t that enough compared to other masters of codes.
That’s enough! Let’s get back. Ok! I have met a lot of programmers since I chose to work on software rather than the hardware. Well, I think, that’s the advantage of being a computer engineer.
As far as I got to knew those programmers that I met, though I don’t have a chance to work with someone of them, I can now say that there are, at least, 8 kinds of programmers.
1. The DB masters ? They are the programmers who masters the back-end programming. They care more on what’s happening on the database. I believe that they were the most eyed programmers of big companies out there. They are very good in manipulating the database of the system that they develop. They are also the masters of security. But, most of them were not good in the design and quite poor in creating a good user interface.
2. The Designers ? These programmers are not actually making an application beautiful or attractive to one’s eye. But they can do that, actually. They are the one who are fond of creating the front-end of the program. I admire how good they are in designing a good user interface. Remember what I have posted before this post? You are not developing program for yourself, but for others to use it.
3. The RADs ? RAD, if you don’t know, stands for Rapid Application Development. But since we are talking about the person or the programmer, RADs stands for Rapid Application Developers. I believe that most programmers now in the industry are RADs. They are the type of programmers who can work in both the back-end and the front-end. But I can say that they were not as good as the DB masters in back-end and not better than the Designers in the front-end. I can tag myself as one of the RADs.
4. The Embedders ? Are they really programmers? Or they just embed programs? I can also call them the IC Geeks or the Hardware Manipulators. Beware! There are good in C programming and the ever-hated Assembly language. Most of them are the computer engineers. Unfortunately, I was not given of that talent. They are the programmers that commands on how the hardware should behave through the use of IC (Integrated Circuit).
5. The Interfacers ? This time, it’ss not about the UI. They are the programmers who love hardware interfacing through PC ports. Maybe, I can call them the Porters. Lol! I can also tag myself as one of these programmers. I studied about PC interfacing before.
6. The Clevers ?Well, they are also called the Hobbyist. I can also tag myself here. Sometimes, they are not into developing a system or application. Sometimes, they are just interested to know what will happen if I put this code or that code. They love the Win32 library.
7. The True Geeks ?Not just one, or maybe not just two, but they knew more programming languages and knew how to use them depending on what they need. They also love free. I mean, the open source! I will tag myself here in the future.
Oh wait! I forgot the last!
8. The Noobs ? They will be one or more of those kinds in the next few days.
So, what kind of programmer are you?